The link below will open a new browser window for Wells Fargo Shareowner Services where you can open an account and purchase shares online and reinvest your dividends. The “Account Creation Process” on the Wells Fargo Shareowner Services website involves nine steps and may take between 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Some of the steps involve providing:
- Personal information such as your Social Security Number
- Bank information such as your bank account and routing numbers
- Setting up a secure user name and password
A Wells Fargo Shareowner Services agent is available by phone to assist with any questions you may have. The agent contact information is located at the top right corner of each Wells Fargo Shareowner Services website page you will navigate through.
Want to talk to someone about direct stock purchase or dividend reinvestment?
Call Realty Income at 855-639-3800 (toll free) or Wells Fargo Shareowner Services at 877-218-2434 (toll free).
Frequently Asked Questions About Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plans
Is a Direct Stock Purchase program like opening a brokerage account?
Some of the differences are:
- The account is set up online or by mailing in the proper forms to a transfer agent
- The dollar amount that you want to invest or reinvest will determine the number of shares that you will own
- New shares being purchased will be priced at the volume weighted average price per share of our common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) during regular trading hours on the investment date
- The price for shares that are reinvested will be determined by calculating the average of the low and high sales price per share, as reported by the NYSE, on the last day of trading prior to the reinvestment date
See the prospectus for pricing and investment cost details for the Direct Stock Purchase Program
What is a Direct Stock Purchase program?
- A Direct Stock Purchase program is a program administered by a public company’s transfer agent that allows investors to buy shares of the company through the transfer agent rather than a brokerage firm
- These programs are designed for investors who would like to make regular and continuous investments in a company
- A transfer agent is an agent retained by a company to maintain records of investors’ account balances, handle transfers of securities for an issuing company, and other administrative details of owning shares directly. Our transfer agent is Wells Fargo Shareowner Services
- The process of acquiring shares through a direct stock purchase program is significantly different as compared to purchasing shares through a brokerage firm
How do I invest in Realty Income using a Direct Stock Purchase program?
- An online account is set up with our Wells Fargo Shareowner Services transfer agent
- The investor must read and certify that he/she has read the prospectus that outlines the program details
- Shares can be purchased on a continuous monthly basis or as a one-time investment, at the investor’s discretion
What is a dividend reinvestment program?
- A dividend reinvestment program offers a shareholder the ability to purchase additional shares of Realty Income every month using their cash dividend to fund share purchases
- There may be fees associated with online dividend reinvestment through our Wells Fargo Shareowner Services transfer agent
- See the prospectus for information on when and how fees may apply
How can I have my dividends reinvested?
- If shares are already held through Wells Fargo Shareowner Services, the online dividend reinvestment enrollment form must be completed at the Wells Fargo Shareowner Services website
- Shareholders have the option to reinvest a portion or all of their monthly dividend
- Investor must certify that he/she has read the prospectus that outlines the program
- Once the dividend reinvestment enrollment form has been completed, dividends will be reinvested within 5 days after the dividend has been paid
Do I have to enroll online to participate?
- You may elect to receive plan materials via regular mail and return the completed forms to Wells Fargo Shareowner Services, however all plan statements and account information is administered online. Account statement notification will be transmitted via email and accessed online.
Do you recommend I use the direct stock purchase program?
- We have no recommendation. Each investor is different.
Don’t want to Invest Online?
If you would like to set up an account and complete your investment by mail, please click this link and contact us or Wells Fargo Shareowner Services to request the materials required. Upon completion, please mail the materials to our transfer agent, Wells Fargo Shareowner Services.
The material on this page is for general information only and is not intended to be an offer to you to buy our securities. An offer to buy our securities can only be made by way of the above prospectus. No part of this page, or any other part of this website, is a part of the prospectus. In making any investment decision, you should rely only on the information in the prospectus.